Image
It is the intent and mission of the Friendship Missionary Baptist Church to be a church centered on Jesus Christ, controlled by the Holy Ghost and committed to uplift humanity through the proclamation of the glorious gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ.

Our History

The cry of God, "Go build me a church," was heard in Columbus, Ohio.  The late Reverend Solomon M. Smith and his companion, the late Sister Ida Smith heard this call.  It was in August of 1922 that Reverend Solomon M. Smith, a few Christians and his immediate family, all baptized believers in Christ, dedicated and sincere in their desire to serve God, organized a local assembly to be known as The Friendship Baptist Church.  

In 1924 the Lord sent Reverend R. T. Gleaves to the fold to shepherd the sheep. Knowing that God is in all good works, the small congregation soon outgrew the small place of worship and secured a larger building on the southwest corner of Donaldson and Grant Avenues, 349 Donaldson Street.  It was at this site that the fruits of God's promise began to unfold.  Deacons and Trustees were added.  It wasn't long before the last note on the church was paid.

In September of 1973, another of God's chosen was called to serve as the third pastor and shepherd over this flock of baptized believers, the Reverend G. Thomas Turner, Sr., whose grandparents had served in the Friendship Baptist Church. 

After assuming the pastorate of Friendship Missionary Baptist Church many accomplishments were made under Pastor Turner's leadership.  The most notable were the souls won to Christ.  He greatly added to the fellowship of the church and led in erecting a new church edifice in which the Friendship family entered in March of 1984.
 
In August of 1993, Pastor Turner led the congregation in the Liquidation of the mortgage of this church edifice.  In 1995 we expanded the church edifice by adding a balcony, an education wing, enlarging the parking area, and opening the Friendship Christian Learning Center, a daycare center that serves the entire community.

Pastor Aaron felt lead by the Lord to apply for the Pastoral vacancy at the Friendship Missionary Baptist Church following the October 8, 2014 home going of Dr. G. Thomas Turner, Sr., who faithfully served that flock for 41 years. On Saturday, September 24, 2016 the Friendship Missionary Baptist Church called Dr. Scottie L. Aaron as Pastor. Accepting the call, he occupied the pulpit on Sunday, October 23, 2016 and Dr. Scottie L. Aaron was officially installed as the fourth Pastor of the Friendship Missionary Baptist Church on Sunday, December 18, 2016.

Pastor Aaron’s vision is to spread the gospel of Jesus Christ through the Media Ministry. On March 12, 2017, Pastor Aaron successfully launched a sacrificial giving campaign to fund the newly created Media Ministry. Media equipment was purchased and installation began on May 15, 2017.

ADDRESS

Friendship Missionary Baptist Church

1775 West Broad Street

Columbus, Ohio 43223

Email : friendship@fmbcoh.org

Phone : 614.279.0008

Fax : 614.279.0424

 

Service Times

Service Times

Sunday School Sunday    9:15 AM

Sunday Worship             10:45 AM

Wednesday Bible Study   12 noon & 7 PM


 

©2019 Friendship Missionary Baptist Church. All Rights Reserved.

Search